This October 3rd WING hosted the UK’s first energy transition panel session to discuss the crossover between the oil & gas and geothermal industries, and how to transition between the two.
WING’s major theme this year has been energy transition. As a community of geoscientists, they strongly believe it is their responsibility to lessen the impact of anthropogenic climate change.
The panelist included:
- Kathryn Hayo, Interpretation Geophyicist at Schlumberger
- Robbie Bilsland, Field Engineer at Eden Geothermal
- Dr. Ellie MacInnes, Head of CGG Geothermal Science
- Mark Ireland, Lecturer in Energy Geoscience at Newcastle University
- Simon Todd, Managing Director and Chief Technologist at Causeway Geothermal